Business and Corporate Law
We acts as the registered office and records office for hundreds of British Columbia corporations. We also act as attorney for out of province and foreign corporations.
Whether you operate your business as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or non-profit, our experienced business lawyers will provide you with the legal services you need to achieve your business and financial goals. We routinely provide legal advice to small and large businesses, ranging from how to best start up the business, how to expand the business through mergers and acquisitions, or how to respond to insolvency issues.
We have the knowledge and expertise to assist you in an extensive range of industries. We can provide services to your business with respect to tax planning, intellectual property, commercial litigation, real estate, and employment issues.
The following are some examples of the business and corporate law services we provide:
• Business start-ups, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations, and non-profits;
• Employment Agreements and Independent Contractor Agreements;
• Corporate reorganizations;
• Asset and share purchase;
• Corporate tax planning;
• Advising on charitable status;
• Corporate governance issues;
• Resolving director and shareholder disputes;
• Bankruptcy, insolvency, and receivership issues;
• Dissolution and winding up; and
• Intellectual property services, including filing for trademarks and copyrights.