Real Estate Law
Residential and Commercial Real Estate
Jones Emery’s real estate lawyers and specialized legal assistants provide a full range of legal services with respect to residential and commercial real estate. We can assist buyers, sellers, strata corporations, landlords, and renters with understanding and performing their legal obligations and enforcing their legal rights.
Some examples of the residential and commercial real estate services we provide include:
• Residential and commercial real estate transactions, including conveyancing;
• Preparation of contracts of purchase and sale;
• Preparation of, and advice on, commercial leases and subleases for both tenants and landlords;
• Advice regarding strata properties;
• Preparation of both private and institutional mortgages;
• Preparation of easements, covenants, rights of way, and other related documentation; and
• Advice regarding property transfer tax.
Real Estate Development
Jones Emery acts on behalf of developers, investors, general contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers in relation to a variety of real estate projects, ranging from the construction of a single family home to large mixed residential and commercial projects.
Our real estate development lawyers can assist during all phases of a development project, including:
• Meeting disclosure requirements under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act;
• Subdivision and strata applications;
• The preparation and review of charges on land such as easements, rights-of-way, and restrictive covenants; and
• Performance and payment issues including Builders Lien Act issues.